Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wednesday, November 24th 2010


Today, I got up at 5:00AM. Checked my email. Chatted with Scot. at 7:00 I drove the blazer to Bill's and dropped it off. at 7"30 I was starting the 40 to warm it up. It was running very badly. Missing, smoking, but, it was running. At 8:00, I drove to the Sunoco to buy coffee. At 8:20, I arrived at Bills. NOW, you need to understand, putting the Chevy IN Bill's was going to be a task. I had a SMALL window to do this as I had to drive to DC at 11:00 to pick up Brian. (My choice)

Bill finally pulled the motorhome, and the cement truck out of the shop, an I got to drive the 40 in. I now am a little depressed, as I KNOW it will not be ready to drive again for a while. BUT, the excitement of actually working on MY 40 is something I can't describe. This photo was taken with my phone after I got it into Bill's, jacked up, on STANDS, and I had started taking the left front headlight apart. The headlight doors did NOT have screws holding them on.. how strange.

I will TRY and update this blog weekly as i take her apart. it is a long process, and I am trying to catalog everything, mark everything, and restore everything as soon as I remove it. This way, when the last part is removed, everything will be ready to assemble.

I am also looking into replacement parts as SOON as I find a problem. I found new headlight doors, and headlight buckets, and springs, if I need them. The doors are for sure, I will bead-blast the buckets to see if I can restore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment