Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Frame 2

Well folks. The frame is completely torn apart. Brian even got in on the act and wire brushed the complete frame today. Tomorrow morning we are taking it to Monaca, PA to have it dipped. When I get it back, it will ALL be clean, virgin steel. Just as it came from the factory. Jerry says it should take 2 weeks and is a flat rate of $60.00 a foot. Being 14 feet long, that works out to $840.00 just to dip the frame. After that i have to PAINT it, seal it.. make sure it NEVER rusts again.

The frame i currently tied to the top of my Blazer. here is a photo of it.

I'll post some more photos soon. I have been working my arms off removing TAR and sound deadeding from this car. I have also started to rebuild the front suspension. Springs and A-frames have been sand blasted and painted, Satin Black. looks good. (The frame will be gloss black like the factory)

No comments:

Post a Comment