Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 2011 progress



Well, it's been a while since I posted here. I have been working on the rear end and the gas tank this week. The Rear is done, new seals, gaskets, brake shoes, brake cables, lines, springs, and wheel cylinders. I will install the rear leaf springs once I get the frame back and painted.








It is painted with Semi-Gloss black. The frame will also be Semi-Gloss. I believe the factory used this when they made the car.

This is the gas tank. When I got it back from the stripper, it was full of holes. I figure there were 1000 holes in the TOP of the tank. What I have done is used solder and a flux to fill all the holes. I will cover the top of the tank with Fiberglass to make sure i got them all. I will also seal the inside of the tank. This way I get an original 1940 gas tank.



It is hard to see all the patches, but every bump is a spot. Some of the places the solder flowed very smooth, but, I was just learning how to do it.



I have a new sending unit for the gas gauge, as well as a new gasket and screws. I am still waiting for the mounting pads. I bought a gas tank repair kit from Eastwood to seal the inside and make sure it doesn't leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment