Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I got the engine running again today.

Well folks, after 9 months, I got the engine running again today. Must to my frustration, I have a major water/coolant leak, and a major oil leak. I must be slipping. I KNOW where the coolant is coming from, but I can't see the crack. Yes, it is a crack, or hole in the thermostat housing. I will need to order a NEW one.  The oil leak is the engine side cover. I KNOW I have a new gasket. I know I put it on correctly. SOMEHOW, there is a gap between the gasket and the block causing the leak.  NOT happy about this.. but, I will fix it.

here are some photos of the last couple days.


Enjoy
 OK.. this is the new oil I am using in the engine. I KNOW, the factory put in straight 30W, but, finding that with the proper additives is very difficult. this oil has the correct ZINK...  read about it at http://www.bradpennracing.com/Zinc.aspx
 After I had the engine IN, I figured out I needed to replace the exhaust studs..  what a bitch that was... but easier than if the fenders were on..
 Both are in now.
 Lots of silver stuff..  no more replacing these.. EVER.
 NEW brass nuts to complete the installation.

 trying to get a photo of the timing marks.. I had the distributor out so I have to set it back up. I set the timing with an OHM meter.. Ok.. you can GUESS HOW I did that.
 Those letters ate TDC, and the little ball is 3 degrees advanced, I think.
 I better look this up in the book, cuz I really don't remember.
 New points and condenser.
 Again
 NEW STEEL wire Spark Plug Wires.
 Setting the timing.. OK.. you know how I did it, but you peaked.
 Timing all set.
 I found an OLD piece of cloth covered wire and decided to use it as the wire from the coil to the distributor. It LOOKS good..
 Added a NEW end..
 Had to add a temp ignition switch to be able to start it.
 Simple.. wire from battery to switch and wire from switch to positive side of the coil.. Works so gooder.
 New plug wires all set.
 my Temparary fuel line. I don't want to put gas in the tank YET.. the chassis will be sitting a while before the body goes back on.
 My temp guages for the test run.  12 Lbs of oi  pressure at idle.

 Can't really read them, but they are working.
 This one is better.. 125 degrees and 15 Lbs of oil pressure.
160 degrees and 10 Lbs of oil pressure..

The Engine is RUNNING.. see and hear it on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment