Total Pageviews

Friday, September 14, 2012





OK, It has been a while. I did get the doors back from the stripper. All clean and shinny. With major rust holes. I will need to learn a lot about welding to be able to repair them.

Yes, bare steel and yes, major hole on bottom.






 The bottom of this one is completely gone. I believe it is the left rear. I can't fill that one with Bondo.







When I got then home, I primed them with Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel Primer (http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=158). I was worried that after I applied this primer, I would not be able to use Acrylic Lacquer paint on the car. After and Email to Rust-Oleum, they assured me that I can.



This really the can of paint that I used. Straight from Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/

Here are the doors after I got the primer on.

 YES, I applied all the primer with a BRUSH. Looks like I have a lot of sanding to do as well.







 I also primed a fender that I had here. Not sure I will use these fenders, but I have them.

 Both fenders are right rear. One has a fuel filler and one doesn't. The one I need, has a fuel filler hole, but is rusted out pretty badly. The one without is pretty nice, but, no hole.

As you can see from all the photos, this was done late July. I failed to get these posted then. I have lots more work to do now.

Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment