Total Pageviews

Monday, September 24, 2012

Photos from the start

I have been asked for some photos f the 40 Chevy before I started to work on it.. So here they are.. First photos are from the 80s I think, before mu Aunt had it repaired the last time.

Enjoy.

As you can see, it was in pretty rough shape to start with. If you can zoom in, the license plate was 1963, the LAST time it was on the road.


This is what it looked like when I finally brought it home. 




NOT too bad, but, I thought I could do better.



Yes, that is our cat Joe trying to get into the picture.




 The "Body" looked pretty good before I started, but I knew what I was going to find when I removed all the silver paint.



The rest of this blog shows just what I have gone through so far. The body is currently in a dip tank, and should be out in a couple weeks. When I get it back, there will be ZERO paint, Bondo, or rust on it. It will be like brand new steel. Yes, all the rust HOLES will be there, but the rust will be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment