Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

more frame work.

OK.. So I NOW have the frame PRIMED.. All red lead is done, all sanding.. it is primed..  The photos are real good as I was standing in a cloud of paint while taking most of them.  I will paint as much of the frame as I can tomorrow. I am headed to Canfield Swap Meet to see if I can find a right rear fender. I have 2 but they both need a lot of work that I  don't want to do if i can find a better one. I also need a right running board..





I tried to get a picture of all of it.

Each section was primed, sanded, red leaded, and then primed, sanded and final primed.


Some parts look much better than others.


Some not so good.


The Cross Member looks pretty good.
 I keep trying to get a picture of the whole frame. I can't get up high enough.
 More black primer..



The black spots on the floor ate from primer running out of the holes in the frame. I tried to spray as much as a I could in that area..  I didn't want to miss any bare metal.

 This is just the bottom primed..
 Now we are complete
 Not a lot of room to work right now.
 The primer is pretty shinny.. but I guess that is how it is made.
 Rear cross member.
 front cross member again.
 More cross member
 ALL NEW Grade 8 bolts to hold in cross members, and brackets.
 More bolts.
 New Castle Nuts for the "SPECIAL" bolts.
New motor mount bolts.  Grade 8 per original.

No comments:

Post a Comment