Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

OK, it has been a week since I got the frame back. Looks pretty good. Jerry at Pennsylvania Metal Cleaning Co. does do nice work. www.pennsylvaniametalcleaning.com/


I started to prime and sand the frame. I stated with the bottom. After I get it READY to paint, I will flip it over and do the sides and top. I will then paint the complete frame at one time.


I started with a self eching primer. I could NOT grind down all the metal to have a smooth frame. I sanded/scuffed as much of the frame as I could. The first primer is a light green.



I also did the bottom of the cross member. Priming, and painting the inside will be tricky, but I will find a way.

Cross member all clean..


Now the cross member is primed. I will sand it and add a THICK primer to try and fill some of the rust pits.


The complete bottom of the frame has been sanded/scuffed. primed and sanded. I am now applying Nitro-Stan to help fill most of the rust pits. I will let it dry a day then sand and prime with a black lacquer primer.


More Nitro-Stan on the frame rails.

More Nitro on the rails..

No comments:

Post a Comment