Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Monday, July 26th, 2010

I started the morning running over to AAA to apply for a lost title. I also asked if I could keep my original PURPLE plate. They said as long as I don't transfer it, or change it, it will be fine. After $27.50 to apply for the lost title, I was on my way.


Most of Saturday and Sunday, I spend on the computer trying to find ANTIQUE AUTO INSURANCE. I could get it from Progressive, for $560.00 a year. I finally settled on Hagerty Insurance at $124.00 a year. So, I filled out the application online, added my 4 color pictures plus the declaration page from my normal car insurance. The only think left was to send in money. Now, normally, I wouldn't have a problem with that part, except on their web page they state "It will take a day or two to see if you are approved". And my problem is.. I have to pay before i am approved?.. Oh well. I paid my money.


Now, Stacy, as much as she loves me, has NO idea how excited I am about driving my car. I had mentioned to her that I was going to talk Dad into moving the motorhome so I could back out the Chevy. Dad finally called at 3:30.. and said SURE.. Dad called back 10 minutes later and said, Wait till 7:00 so rush hour is over.. OK, I will wait.

At 6:30, Stacy starts making dinner. Corn on the cob. Cukes, and some "soup" that our neighbor Laura had made from her garden. Now, I am not really a soup fan.. but. This was GOOD..

At 7:00 Dad called to see where I was. I had to tell him we hadn't eaten yet, but would be over as soon as we had.

Dinner was WONDERFUL.. (now, back to the car)

At 7:35, I am tapping my food and Lindsay is not ready to drive me, but says, "OK" and heads for the truck. At 8:03 we arrive at Dad's house.

I now have to load my tools into the 40 in case I break down on the 3 mile ride home.

Dad backs the RV out of the drive way, and I slowly back the 40 out. I am OUT on a public street.


Driving home was very traumatic. it's been SO long.. Had to stop for gas. Then got home.. NO problems..

Asked Stacy if she wanted to go around the block once.. HERE we go..


John and Denise stopped by to say hi,, Laura and Smitty were not answering their phones.. NOBODY to show it off too..


OK.. TOMORROW is another day.. More photos when I can make a closer inspection in daylight..

No comments:

Post a Comment