Total Pageviews

Monday, July 19, 2010

Tuesday June 27th, 2010

Well, we backed the car out of the garage. Did I happen to mention, dad's driveway slops INTO the garage? I didn't, well, it does. Did I happen to mention that I tried to put on the brakes? Well, I did, it didn't. So, We back the car out of the garage, up the slope, and, well, it rolls right back into the garage.
Plan B.
OK, so now, dad stands along the car with a wheel chock. When I get all the way out of the garage, he put it in front of the rear wheel. That worked. At least it slowed the forward progress enough to place a second on on the other side.

ok.. Wash, clean, check fluids. pressures. Add air to the 30 year old tires.

OK, the 40 Chevy is out of the garage, Clean, and running. Let it idle till it got up to temperature of about 180 degrees, indicated. It is still running on 5 cylinders, but, we only needed it running enough to back it out. We did notice when backing it out that it was VERY difficult to get it into gear, both 1st or reverse. (This is something that needs to be corrected before it is driven)

After shutting off the engine, I checked the oil again. it is a little low on the dip stick, but we are sitting with the nose pointed down. This is close enough for now. Note to self, Self, Change oil. I dod look around to see if it had ever been converted to a spin on oil filter. To my surprise, they is NO OIL FILTER on this car. This was built BEFORE GM thought they were required, and when you changed your oil every 1500 to 2000 miles. (But it took you a year to get 500 miles on your car).. OK.. NOTE to self again, CHANGE OIL SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment